Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Stash report

I decided not to repost pictures today, so I will link you to the previous post when referencing the project in my stash report. I have busted approximately 14 yards of fabric this week. 9 yards for borders and backing for my block exchange nearly queen sized quilt! Now to long arm it. I made 2 tote bags and my Kitchy Christmas table runners.

BUT, and there is always a but.... as I near my  stash being busted, I was given a portion of another sewers stash. She tragically died at a young age (in her 20's) in a car accident. She had a massive stash for her projects. She was not a quilter but she had some fabulous fabric that is 100% cotton. My friend who knew her was very kind because it really was too much for one person. Mom and I came home with a tote. So now I have 2 totes of fabrics for quilts, tote bags and whatever my imagination can think up. Much of my tote is small scraps, the new tote is full of larger and smaller pieces.

Now to wash that tote of fabric, well a little at a time. :)
And, we received our first customer quilt to long arm this week. Very exciting stuff. Pics will be posted for that on Finished Stitches blog soon.



6 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

Sometimes, doing some quick and cute "kichy" projects are just the inspiration you need to keep creating. Nicely done. Jane

Joanne said...

I love the table runners!

Kathie said...

Wow 14 yards is a lot to use in a week, congrats.

kathie L.

Lori said...

I really like stash reports, I go back thru the whole weeks posts and see what everyone has been doing. I get WAAY too many ideas, but have a lot of fun!

felicity said...

Wow! Your number of yards out is fantastic! Love how those quilt backs really do a great job busting the stash.

Quiltsmiles said...

Congratulations on your first customer quilt! Wonderful you were able to use 14 yards this past week.
Jane