Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday

A baby quilt for a friend has been started. I think I will complete it by November! It is a disappearing 9 patch and the tutorial is on PS I Quilt if you are interested, link is on the side bar. It is a great quilt for a baby- quick, easy,  and colorful. All fabrics used so far were is my little old stash!  



Here is the panel quilt I mad last week. Not liking it so much but I will use it as a practice quilt for making feathers on the long arm. I may be more hopeful on this one as giving it as a gift for another baby but we will see!

Want to know more about whats happening in my life? Here are links to previous blog posts: Gardening, Highland Games, long arm blog for recent updates

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Isn't wonderful to use fabric from your stash? I'm going to be cutting up some 9 patches this week to do a disappearing 9 patch. Bonnie/VA

Gari in AL said...

I use the D9P a lot, especially for baby and charity quilts. It is the only "pattern" I have repeated. And I use baby and charity quilts to teach myself new and/or different quilting techniques. You quilts are looking good.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love sewing D9P quilts too!
Your baby quilt will be the perfect project to practise machine quilting!

AnnieO said...

I like the disappearing 9 patch for quick quilts. That's a sweet one. I would be hard pressed to find anything baby appropriate in my stash at this point, tho!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the colors you are using in your DNP