Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chain piecing

I tried chain piecing for the first time today. I guess I decided I don't want to dawdle while sewing anymore. I saved thread and the 4 patches were together in 15 minutes including a mistake that I had to rip out. Mistakes were my biggest fear in using this method because I get in a zone! I guess watching all of the Quilt in a day episodes are starting to sink in with the chain peicing or assembly line sewing. I think I will do this more often.

Is this what Bonnie Hunters leaders and enders are ? I am guessing the L/E are sewing 4 patches in between sewing other components to use up scraps, save thread and have a perpetual stach of sewn patches, maybe?? I guess I have never really been clear on that.

1 comment:

Micki said...

I try to chain piece as much as possible..it saves so much time!
Micki