Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Design Wall

Here is my latest use of a Moda Charm pack. It is disappearing 4 patch from the collection called 9. I think it is really going to be the cure for my bobbin problems on both the longarm and my Husky machines. Both problems, I believe are solved now. I did do alot of ripping out stitches on the quilt top. Easy sewing and great results, just what I like.

I went shopping yesterday and bought new gym shoes. I pulled my hip from old shoes. I was so proud at the Reebok store-they had big workout pants and they fit me!! I was shocked. I have lost about 25 pounds over the past year but I think it is a good start and have so far to go. I am getting excited about going to the gym now and wearing real workout attire and shoes!! All on sale which makes me feel even better!!

Enjoy the First Day of Summer to all of my North American friends, it is the day with the longest daylight hours and I intend to use it wisely!!

8 comments:

Diana said...

Your blocks are interesting and I hadn't heard of a disappearing 4 patch before....but what I really want to say is congrats on the weight loss. That is a real accomplishment. It's not easy to do but it makes you feel so good, especially when people start noticing and complimenting you. That will keep you going too! Good job!

Melinda said...

Your disappearing four patch is looking great. Congratulations on the weight loss!

Barb in Mi said...

Your blocks look great and I am glasd you got your tension/ bobbin issues solved! Way to go on your exercising/ weight loss! Will spend some time outdoors today for teh longest day.

Teaquilts said...

Great job Vicki on the disappearing 4-patch block. I made one for my brother in yellows and blues. I really like the versitility of the block.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I also have been working on that. I find the hardest part is keeping off the weight you loss over a period of time. In previous years I always gain it back in summer which was very weird. This year I'm working not to do that; I'm trying to make a habit of getting as many fruits and veggies in as possible. I'm sending positive energy your way.

Susan said...

The blocks look great. Enjoy your time at the gym. It seems to be working for you. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Laurie said...

That's a great pattern for a charm pack. There are so many great patterns for charm packs...I do so hate to actually use my favorite pink and brown charm pack but I don't see them sitting on the shelf either.

Amy said...

I like your blocks! Very cute in those fabrics. Good for you on your weight loss! That is a great start.

Gari in AL said...

Love the D4P, had never seen that one. How big are the 4 patch units and where do you cut? I would love to use that for comfort quilts. Your weight loss is terrific. I lost 60# last year and have now kept it off for 1 year. Not always easy but always worth it!