Saturday, June 5, 2010

Perfection

There are times when things are considered a "fault" like being a perfectionist. I can be that way about certain things like quilting. Much of the time it serves me well, like in my job, keeping house and hobbies like playing violin. OR at times, re-doing my blog post several times. :)

I found myself trying to be so perfect over the past couple of weeks on customer quilts and my quilt show project that I lost any objective view of what I was doing. I wanted it to be perfect because I knew it was important and that EVERYONE I know was going to see them. Rule #1 this is fun and not supposed to be anything but!

I made a lot more work for myself and didn't have as much fun with it as I could have. Ripping out, redoing, fretting.... The projects did turn out to better than I could have hoped, BUT lesson learned, relax this is supposed to be fun, right!! See quilt at Finished Stitches. I believe quilts are to have the handmade look, otherwise we would buy premade blankets at the store.


1 comment:

Micki said...

I sometimes am a perfectionist, but it does put a bit of a pressure on me. I can empathize though!
Micki