Monday, March 8, 2010

Design Wall, Issues and the Birth of a Business



Ok the quilted fabric is the basis of my perpetual seasonal wall hanging with interchangeable blocks for each month. It will have wool appliques and other goodies.

The Next blocks are my imperfect Victory quilt blocks with issues. The far right block was paper pieced. The points are better in the middle but the long triangles continue be problematic. I will take it apart and try again.

Lastly, the long arm quilting is coming along. We named our business "Finished Stitches". We are a not ready to take on customers but I have a few friends who will allow Mom and I to practice on their quilts too. Pantos are my next learning curve. I guess it is customary to name your long arm according to our teacher. I have to think on that for a while to come up with a good name.

Off to my day job.




2 comments:

Brenda said...

I like the name of your new business!!! I wish you the best of luck and the best of customers!!! And lots of 'em too!! Not so many that you are going crazy, but enough that you are having fun!!!

3anklebiters said...

Your business name is very appropriate. Good luck. As for my tiny doll quilt, it wasn't difficult at all. The entire thing went together in about 3 evenings after the kids were in bed.