Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stash Report




I purchased 4 yards of fabric and 2 fat quarters. I used up 3 yards of fabric this week. I am backing quilts and finishing them. The stash is slowly dwindling. I think it has shrunk from 1 and 1/4 totes to one tote. I am noticing less and less large pieces, I think much of my stash now is scraps. I have some charm packs and coordinating yardage but I am not counting them in the stash as they were gifts. I can't wait to cut into some of them this next week.

I have made 40 of my Civil war diary quilt blocks. Here is another one I made yesterday. Love the stars!! After all the problems with the triangle blocks this one went together in one afternoon.

Here is a photo of my latest quilt. I need to add the binding yet. I pulled it off the frame last night. I am learning every time I use the new long arm. Still have a ways to go. Mom has her little sail boat wall hanging on the frame today. She gets to "drive" the machine today. I am going to do more stash busting!!






4 comments:

SpinningStar said...

So, I guess you are all having fun with the new machine - congrats on using up the yardage. Soon it will be time to get some replacement fabric!

Liz

Amy said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful. Nice job on the machine quilting!

Micki said...

Your blocks are really looking good. It is going to be a beautiful quilt!
Micki

Lori said...

isn't funny how the finishes really knock a hole in your stash?!!