Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Stash report



I feeel like I have been really working hard on my quilting this week. I have used up 8 yards of fabric for the fall table runner and the 2 tote bags. BUT I had to buy 10 yards of fabric to back and use as borders for the block exchange quilt. I think I will be finishing that top this week and all of that yardage will be out of the stash!!

I am practicing often to use different freehand quilting patterns for our longarm business. The laser will be here this week to start pantographs. Mom and I are preparing to take our first customers in the next week or so. I hope to get some business cards out in the community and possibly have a web page or blog for the business. Not sure about the web page, yet.

We went to the sewing center where we bought the long arm yesterday. They serviced my sewing machine and asked to leave cards there too. It was a nice feeling that they want to help us get our business going.

What to do with all the practice quilted yardage? We decided to apply for the big craft show on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) to sell the pieces. I will apply for that this week. At least we will be able make nice things like the tote bags above, table runners and some quilts will be ready by then. I am excited about all of this.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've made some very pretty things! I like your purple chair, too! :) Take care, Dianne B. in England

Mary-Kay said...

I have a few questions. What kind of long-arm did you get and where did you buy it at? And when and where is the Black Friday craft show? I always like craft shows and there doesn't seem to be enough of them lately.

Micki said...

Good luck with your new longarm and your new venture!
Micki

Micki said...

Good luck with your new longarm and your new venture!
Micki

Unknown said...

I get lots of compliments on the Tote you made me. :) Keep up the good work, I'm sure they'll sell like Hotcakes!

Also, i'm telling you... if you make enough stuff, I'll be you could sell a bunch of stuff of Etsy.

Amy said...

Your quilting looks great! I know this is an exciting time for you as you get your business up and running.

Vicki H. said...

Mom and I purchased a Babylock Jewel from CS Sewing in Traverse City. THe craft show in Black Friday is in Indian River at the school, it is pretty big. I have checked out etsy and think I may hop in on it.

Barb in Mi said...

I really like your bags / totes - haven't done any as sophisticated as yours either. Saw you were waiting for your laser: go to Walmart $2.47 at the check-out counter - it fits in my humble short arm frame (Proflex). I actually squeeze it in the ez-board 'stick' holder. Thanks for your comment on my blog: You should try knitting socks one day, it's easier than you think - I always do the boomerang heel and it works ok for me. Enjoy your longarm - I am fighting for every 1/2 inch I can somehow get out of my 9 inch....