Monday, July 26, 2010

Latest Quilt

This quilt is fast and easy. I started it Saturday night and have the top nearly done. It was a kit quilt and the pattern in a Fons and Porter magazine. I have never bought a kit before and can see the addiction for some. It is like Moda precuts for me. Sometimes you just need a easy breezy project. I love teal and brown. After this top I need to get working on bindings. And table runners for the craft sale.

I went for a nature walk last evening in the woods. I haven't gone to the State Forest to walk in years. It was fun and a good workout. A nice change from the treadmill. The weather was perfect. My DH and I have decided that to keep up with the weight loss and exercise you have to change it up on the weekends. I have lost 35, which I can say is great but a good start on my journey.

We have a  couple of weeks of quiet before the push of activities that end summer. We have the 100th family reuion of my Mom's side in Aug. The Renisannce Festival. A grad/send off party for my nephew. School clothes shopping. Then poof, September will be here. That is a sobering thought, I think I will just not think about that. Summer is really short here.

9 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Love your quilt from a kit! And it looks quite involved.
Sometimes it's just so much easier to get some sewing in with a kit - or a super easy pattern; especially after a certain type of workday...
Yeah for you and your weight loss! A routine change is always good - and keeps your muscles / body guessing.

Vivian said...

Love this quilt. I think the striped fabric makes the quilt. Isn't it fun to have things go together quickly.

Anonymous said...

Those colors are just lovely together, I really like teal and brown!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I saw that quilt in the F&P Magazine and loved it. Awesome weight loss, it is so much easier to do it together. Frank is skinny, always has been yet thinks he is sooooo fat. I have that Italian body!

glen in louisiana (or just g this morning)

Judy D in WA said...

35 pounds is amazing!!! Good job.
Love the colors of this quilt. Sometimes buying a kit is like finding a new place to exercise, things need to be changed up a bit. :-)

Teaquilts said...

The stripe sashing really sparkles in this quilt. Great job getting this far in such a short period of time.

Chris said...

Love the colors! The stripe is great in there. I always hesitate to use strips, but love what others do with them. I must need more stripe courage :)

scraphappy said...

The teal and brown look great together. I am seeing brown used more and more these days. The kit is coming together in a hurry. I can see how getting a top together that fast is like eating chips -- too good to stop at one. Speaking of which, congratulations on 35 pounds lost. That is an amazing feat.

Donna said...

Great job losing so much weight!

School is a sobering thought. I try not to think about it either.