Sunday, February 13, 2011

Soap!


Soap!
Originally uploaded by vhollowayus
I went to a soap making demo yesterday and this is the type of soap the instructors made. A old fashioned lye recipe using plant only based products. It was made in a crock pot with tons of ingredients! They also gave us the recipes for making cheap laundry soap and dishwasher soap. I bought stuff at the grocery for laundry soap, I will let you know how it works.

It smells (not always in a good way) during the cooking phase but I may want to make soap myself. I was looking at the ingredients and was surprised and how much cost it was!!

I need to do more research, any one else make soap? Where do you buy your supplies?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

My daughter makes the laundry soap the Duggers make. She said it is really inexpensive once you get all the ingredients because you can make many batches from it.