quilted by me for Sue
How does one keep Christmas simple? It is so easy to over commit, over spend, over decorate and over eat.
I made a decision to not do any of that this year. Pretty simple, isn't it?
In the years past, I had a hard time saying no. I have already turned down several things.
- No to a community concert because I am spending the time with my family and sports
- No fretting about the food for two potlucks that I am participating in, not to mention the ones I have already said no to
- No overspending, when the cash in my wallet is gone, so is the shopping
- No overdecorating, I just put portions of the decorations out years and have a new "theme" yearly based on what I have. I need no more.
- No to performing the the Christmas Eve service at church because I have no time to practice properly and sanely
- No to eating out of obligation or excess. STOP when full and get no more until I am really, physically hungry
- No eating out of stress or frustration
Those are my simple living survival tips. I heard Dave Ramsey say something yesterday on his show that really stuck with me. "Adults make a plan and stick to it. Children do what feels right. Are we choosing to be adults or children?"
Do you have any tips????