Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

Sunday Report

Purchased Fabric: 2 yards on sale at $4 a yard and a Valentine Charm pack from Moda. Couldn't pass it up at the Quilt shop
None out.

Tote is full but not spilling over. I am going to make my goal to have 1/2 tote of scraps.
Here is the picture with the mistake in my assembly of the Comfort Quilt. I didn't follow the directions well enough, but it wasn't costly in fabric just time. It needed a couple of lattice strips added and then the setting triangles. I found the mistake adding the last triangle on the corner. It was a grrrrr moment but this was my first attempt at an on point setting, so I shouldn't have expected to go perfectly.




And here is the finished product.




On to a 6 inch block quilt from the Victory Quilt book by Eleanor Burns, the sampler and my first attempt at smaller blocks. I am going to keep getting smaller and smaller. I will need to learn paper piecing next then the Civil War Diary quilt by the end of the year.
Happy Easter all!!

4 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Paper piecing. I am starting the Dear Jane quilt and there is a lot of paper pieced blocks and they are only 6" so I'm sure that will be a lot of fun.

Mary-Kay said...

My sister got me the Dear Jane book and told me to take it apart, put each page in a page protector and then put the pages in a big 3" d-ring binder. As you finish each block you slip it in the page protector so it doesn't get lost. There is a page with all the blocks on it and you can highlight the blocks as you get them done and you can colour co-ordinate what blocks you want to be what colours. There is also a Dear Jane DVD that I think explains the paper piecing blocks. And no, paper piecing isn't all that hard, just have to think about it while you are doing it. There must be a tutorial on-line or on you-tube so you can see it. Good luck.

Micki said...

If you want to leanr paper piecing, go to the Carol Doak site and there is a great dvd on How To Paper Piece.
Good luck!
Micki

Lori in South Dakota said...

You have lots of ambition--don't forget to have fun!