Friday, February 24, 2012

Simple Living and Happiness Update

just a random picture I took at the trebuchet launch
I have been thinking about taking care of my self this week because I am fighting off a cold. To be happy and have a simple existence I have concentrated on the basics. Things like getting to bed on time, eating right with some veggies, exercising and drinking tons of water. I have had to know when to say when on projects and take a break. I have had to find projects that I can focus on with this stinking cold- not complicated ones. I think I am still going to get the cold full fledged, but I have been pretty satisfied in meeting my goals for the week.

In the simple living department, I have been thinking about kindness and paying it forward. It is simple things that can make some one's day. I have decided that a little kindness goes a long way. You know, things like making coffee when the last cup is taken at work. Or Filling the paper in the copy machine, changing the toilet paper roll and answering the phone when the person who normally answers it is busy. I have also decided that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Kindness, it really is alive and well out there. Sometimes the mean words and actions just weigh heavier on my mind and take longer to let go.


No comments: