Thursday, August 16, 2012

Simple Living

Default title upload by motoblur
I really like these words to live by. I think the part about "have a dog" doesn't mean all the time. :) I love dogs but not right now. I think if everyone consulted this list daily they would be content with all of the little, simple things daily.  I will start at the top today by singing in the shower and working my way down. Keeping it simple ,all day, will mean that I am treating others in the matter in which I would like to be treated. At work, I heard Dave Ramsey say on his radio show, " be different, show up 5 minutes early, do work all day and leave 5 minutes late. You will be a rare person at your job." Great words of wisdom by both my favorite radio talk show host and the above list.


Default title upload by motoblur by vhollowayus
Here is my bowl of snippets. I think I am entering into a simpler phase of design, craft and decor.
Note the solid fabrics. I see in much of the crafting I am doing recently I enjoy the clean simple lines of modern quilts, simple stitches on knitting and less of the fussy overly done Victorian inspired design. I still find Art Nouveau as one of my favorite design eras but compliment that with a modern touch. I feel a whole new way of doing things around here!

Happy Simple Thursday!

No comments: