Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympics



I love the Olympics.
The thrill of Victory, the Agony of defeat.
The story of how the athletes dig deep to be the best in the world at what they do.
Overcoming adversity regardless of it being a physical problem, financial stress or mental exhaustion and doubt
The Spirit of competition and Fair Play
Pushing self beyond what was thought possible
Being part of a team and it being much bigger than self
Cheaters are punished
The underdog winning
Watching sports that are being played strictly because there is a love for it. No money, no fame
Seeing the dream of athletes being on a world stage even if they don't win.
National pride
respect for the best regardless of what country people are from
The universal language of sport

Its gonna be a great week!
It inspires me to be more dedicated in my workouts and taking care of myself.
Now if I could get that beach volleyball uniform on.....:)




No comments: