Thursday, September 29, 2011

Simple Living update

Michigan Morn


There is gold in the eye of the morning, in Michigan where I was born;
There is gold in the sky and the lakes and the trees;
For a man with a will to believe what he sees;
There is gold in the eye of the morn.


There is gold in the sound of the morning, in Michigan where I was born;
There is gold in the song and wherever it rings,
The land where I stand shines with fine golden things;
There is gold in the sound of the morn.



There is gold in the touch of the morning, in Michigan where I was born;
There is gold in the seed as it flows from my hand,
In the honey and milk and the fruit of my land;
There is gold in the touch of the morn.



There is gold in the heart of the morning, in Michigan where I was born;
There is gold in the smile of wild roses that grow
At the roadside where I and my true lover go;
There is gold in the heart of the morn;

There is gold in the eye and the sound and the touch,

And the heart of a Michigan morn.





-- H. Owen Reed

(from the opera, "Peter Homan's Dream")







No comments: