Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 5


Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory




Pinned Image

It is difficult to picture one favorite memory. I have my own wedding, the birth of children, my daughters wedding, graduations etc. But outside of those milestones of life which are very special, my favorite memories usually revolve around the holidays.

I love Christmas! I love the spiritual meaning and all the special services at church. I usually feel very close to God during this time of year. I think it is because I love the holiday music and years past I have played in several holiday plays and concerts. It is a season filled with parties, family get together and good cheer. I feel that we are all a bit kinder to each other.

I really enjoy shopping and making gifts for my family and friends. I don't cook much but making the special meal each year is fun! We have had turkey, prime rib, chicken parm, roast, and ham for the meal. The gathering of family is the most meaningful. Jay is head chef. He made Irish Soda bread last year as a new addition. I help and clean up.

Christmas time is filled is with my favorite memories. It isn't complete without watching "It's a Wonderful Life", "Home Alone", "White Christmas" and the classic "A Christmas Story." The first and last movie being the most important to me if I have to make some choices, and I watch some of the movies after Christmas but before New Year's to lengthen the season. I think the tradition is special. We also WILL be watching any NFL game that may be broad cast on that day!

Christmas is definitely a most wonderful time of the year . I look forward to seeing all of my family gathered on that day that can be at my house, rest assured Jay will be cooking. And I may try to get some cards out this year, like the one in the picture!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's my favorite time of year too!

:)

Unknown said...

So much great music!