Saturday, August 8, 2009

I have finished sewing the raggy quilt. I am not sure where it will land. We will see once it is Ragged how long it is. I like making rag quilts out of flannel, no batting.







I also finished joining the Better Homes and Gardens 1977 Granny Square sampler. It is not finished. You can tell it needs some evening out, the final outer borders and some blocking. I think it is very interesting but I am not sure I would make another one as the joining is hard for me. I love making grannies though and more square will be made.



I purchased a 1970 something Singer sewing machine. It is the kind that the bobbin is wound in the bobbin case. I can use it for my traveling machine as well as possibly have the Husquavarna set up for machine quilting. I haven't given it a full sew yet as I don't have any machine oil. I had it on at the yard sale, and for $25 , I thought it was a good investment.
Now I need to concentrate on the exchanges I have signed up for. I need to make 24 spool blocks. A fall table runner and about 7 -x blocks.

2 comments:

Angela said...

You have been a busy girl. Great job. I love rag quilts too. We have worn one plum out.

Unknown said...

How about a picture of the back of the rag quilt too?