Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation time is great

If it weren't for the fact that I like to pay my mortgage, I could get used to being on a vacation all the time. Ha, but the truth is no working means no money, which all boils down to no eating. When I think of it that way, I guess working full time is ok.

After the Sleeping bear dunes, we went to Hartwick Pines this week. It is a stand of old growth forest. I enjoy an annual trip there and walk the trails, pray in the chapel and then go to the old fashioned malt shop.

I have visited friends, had my hair cut, sewn three more exchange blocks-see tutorial on the right column- and visited with family.
I have had a great time and there is more time off yet so hopefully the weather will be semi-nice.

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I agree....those things called "jobs" do manage to pay the bills so they are necessary! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!