Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happiness Project

Saying good bye to non-healthy food
Pic from display at Henry Ford Museum
Part of the happiness project is continuing to pursue health and caring for oneself. This is an update on my diet and exercise program. One cannot be happy if you don't take care of your basic needs.

I belong to a gym and go three times a week. I do weight training and cardio. I have had lighter workouts over the past month due to illness but I only missed 2 workouts. I am trying to get back to where I was slowly. For example, I usually walk 2 miles on the treadmill and currently I can only do 1.8 in the same time. I have had to lighten my weights due to illness and strain. So I will keep trying to get it back to where it was before the holidays. It is amazing how getting winter colds take it out of you!!

I have returned to a weight loss trend. I am still 10 pounds heavier that where I was last year but today I am motivated to continue to lose weight. I had my cholesterol checked among other things. Ugh, it is as bad as ever with elevated triglycerides. OK, enough messing around with eating pizza and cheese. Not good food for a person trying to lose weight either! So far, doctor just wants me to focus on weight loss and healthy eating. I concur.

So here is to eating healthy today and in the right amounts!




No comments: