Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 22


Day 22 a picture of something you wish you were better at




I love to eat. I really don't like cooking. I wish I were better at it. I think that I would be better on my diet if I had more of an interest in cooking healthy food. My husband loves to cook and read recipes so I do this through him in a sense. I have branched out my blog reading to cooking based ones but I like reading them and looking at the pictures. :) not collecting recipes.

I used to feel really guilty about my fault as a Mom and woman about not liking to cook. I do like to bake breads, muffins, cakes and pies on occasion. I do like to do cookies at Christmas in small batches. I also like to make pumpkin rolls.

But not make meals. So here is the deal, my dearest husband makes the holiday meals. I help with side and clean up. He makes the complicated meals, I help chop and clean up. I just do better and like the cleaning up part!! Thanks Jay for all of your wonderful cooking!!!

And I have found I have other gifts/strengths. I don't feel guilty about it any more.




2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such interesting photos and posts to read. I must admit that I do still feel guilty. Every day I wish I liked cooking because so much of my life has been, and will be spent, doing it!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It sounds like it's still very much a partnership with those holiday meals. That's a wonderful thing! Nothing to feel guilty about at all.