Monday, October 29, 2012

Design Wall and update




quilted with curls

Victory Quilt 2


back






Koala


turtle



This weekend I quilted Victory Quilt. I pieced these little 6 inch blocks traditionally. I think it looks a bit like Christmas so I will display it then.  I like the big music print for the baking fabric, I found it at IKEA of all places and it is 100% cotton and light enough weight to quilt. I quilted it in freehand curls.

I have been making crocheted amigurumi for fun. Faces are hard. The koala will be redone. The turtle is my first attempt. I like to have something besides quilting to do! I like how fast they go. I am going to make some knitted owl amigurumis. Love all the patterns out on the net.





5 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Your are right, it does look like Christmas. It is beautiful and your quilting is, too.

Bonnie said...

Good job. Your quilt looks great. I haven't done any of those cute little animals but I've got knitting going along with the quilting.

Stephwolfgang said...

This quilt is beautiful, Vicki. It reminds me of all the old fashioned glass Christmas ornaments that were on my childhood Christmas tree. Your animals are adorable, too. Sometime we should get together and I will show you a few of my trade secrets. :)

Teresa in Music City said...

A Victory quilt! You've done such a great job of it too :*) Love the music back - I'm from Nashville, so it would really be popular around here :*) You did some beautiful quilting on it too!

I have one of those started - it's in a project box that needs to be unearthed :*) I am doing the six inch blocks too. It will go on my 2013 UFO list.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. 6 inch blocks are such a nice size. Love the backing fabric.